Your privacy and trust are important to us and this Privacy Statement (Statement) provides important information about how FXMB and its worldwide affiliated entities handle personal data. We're committed to keeping your personal data safe and confidential both online and offline. This Statement applies to FXMB website (Website).
We may make changes to this Statement from time to time and it is important that you check this Statement for any updates. If we make changes we consider to be important, we will let you know by placing a notice / sending an email.
This Statement was last updated on 25 November 2019.
How we use the personal data we collect
We collect, use, disclose, transfer and store personal data when needed to provide our services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Statement. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so you can make informed choices about the use of your personal data. You can contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
We use your personal data to provide you with the services you request through the Website in order to perform our contractual obligations in relation to those services, to keep in touch with you, to provide you with information about the products you trade and manage your account. We may also use your personal information to market our products and services to people like you. We will notify you separately if we process your personal data for any other purpose and, if required, ask for your consent.
How do we use the Information
FXMB may use information for any one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide the services and products to you as a Client;
- To contact you when necessary in relation to the services provided to you;
- To keep you updated with useful information, marketing material and with regards to your activities with FXMB;
- To manage the services provided to you;
- To manage the products provided to you and to tailor the website or services provided;
- To develop products and services provided to you;
- To provide you with information that we may believe are relevant to you;
- To create statistical data;
You consent to FXMB using your personal information for the above-stated purposes. You also consent to FXMB transferring your personal information outside the European Economic Area where this is necessary for FXMB to fulfil its contractual obligations to you.
If it is necessary to use your personal data for any other service you may request whilst using the Website, we'll tell you how we will use your personal data at the time (probably, with a pop up notice) and if there are any additional terms and conditions which will apply. You will be asked to confirm you agree to these additional terms and conditions before your application can proceed.
We may send you information by SMS, push notification, email or in-app notification about our products, services and offers we think would be of interest to you.
If you receive email communications from us and don't want to in the future, please use the unsubscribe link within the email and we will stop sending you this information via email.
We use personal data such as your location and alike to deliver tailored content such as our Website in your language, if available.
Contacting us by email
When you email us (through the Contact Us form), you may be requested to provide some additional personal data, like your name and email address. We will use this data to respond to your query and verify your identity.
Emails used for contacting the support are stored in a standard internal contact systems which are secure and cannot be accessed by external parties.
Our legal obligations
We may be required to retain and use personal data to meet our internal and external audit requirements, for data security purposes and as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with our obligations under applicable law and regulations, which may include laws and regulations outside your country of residence; (b) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to monitor compliance with and enforce our Website terms and conditions; (d) to carry out anti-money laundering, sanctions or Know Your Customer checks as required by applicable laws and regulations; or (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, property, or those of other persons.
We also collect and process non-personal, anonymised data for statistical purposes and analysis and to help us provide a better service.
When we share personal data
We share or disclose your personal data when necessary to provide services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal data, we do so in accordance with applicable data privacy laws and our internal security standards.
Below are the parties with whom we may share personal data and why.
Third parties for legal reasons:
We will share personal data when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- To protect our rights, users, systems and services.
International transfers of personal data
Your personal data may be sent, stored and/or used in a country outside European Economic Area (EEA) which does not offer the same level of protection as the EEA. When you give us your personal data, you agree to us doing this.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and protected in accordance with our legal obligations and standards. If this is not possible, for example because we are required by law to disclose data, we will ensure that the sharing of the data is lawful.
Obtaining a copy of your personal data and correcting mistakes
We respect your right to access and control your personal data. We will respond to requests for personal data and, where applicable, will correct, amend or delete your personal data.
- Access to personal data: We will give you access to your personal data (including a copy or the ability for us to send your personal data to another provider) on request, unless any relevant legal requirements or technical ability prevent us from doing so or other exemptions apply. Before providing access to you, we will ask you to prove your identity and give us sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data.
- Correction and deletion: You have the right to correct or amend your personal data if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request us to delete your personal data. If you request that we delete your personal data this will result in the automatic closure of your account and we will remove your personal data from active processing. However, we will be required to maintain your personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements as well as in accordance with our internal compliance requirements in relation to maintaining records.
We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your personal data, and for any additional copies of the personal data you request from us.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting personal data and will implement and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to protect any personal data provided to us from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes subject to a maximum of seven years. In determining data retention periods, we take into account local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal data, we securely delete or destroy it.
Contacting us about this Statement or making a complaint
If you have any queries about the contents of this Statement, or wish to inform us of a change or correction to your personal data, would like a copy of the data we collect on you or would like to raise a complaint or comment, please contact us using the contact details on our website.